School of Professional Studies
Business and marketing programs focus on management and leadership while allowing you to develop fields of interest. You will have the opportunity to move outside the classroom with internships or travel programs.St. Catharine College firmly believes in the value of a liberal arts education for the whole person. But we live in an age of practical application; of invention and commerce; of towns and cities; of constant education and re-education for the future. The future is built on education, skills, knowledge and habits applied to fields of practice. That is the role of the School of Professional Studies: helping you hone your knowledge and abilities in the classroom and beyond for the future in a profession of your choice.
- Innovative programs in community and regional studies will prepare you to be leaders in cities, towns, and rural regions. You will study in the classroom and go beyond to engage with real Kentucky towns and cities.
- The criminal justice program is a route to vital community service and leadership. We are not CIS Springfield; we are about creating safe and just communities.
- The field-based teacher education program involves you with real classrooms from your very first year. At graduation you will know that you are a prepared, experienced new teacher, not just another job candidate.
Is this just talk? Well, consider these recent examples from many:
- A management intern worked with a small town Mainstreet Project to help define community priorities.
- A teacher education student's capstone project established an ESL program in a parochial school.
- Criminal Justice students regularly engage in internships with local law enforcement, law offices, and correctional facilities.
- A business student developed marketing and publicity programs for theater performances at My Old Kentucky Home.
The School of Professional Studies: talented professionals for our shared future.
BACHELOR DEGREE PROGRAMS:
- Language Arts Certification
- Mathematics Certification
- Science Certification
- Social Studies Certification
- Language Arts/Mathematics/Science/Social Science Combined Certification
- Human Resource Management Concentration
Associate Degrees Offered: