Career ServicesSet your course for an exciting future
Finding your place in the world after college and preparing for what’s next are so important. The job market is a very competitive place that requires well-prepared graduates. That’s why St. Catharine College offers career services to help you not only choose a post-college career direction, but also gain the job hunting skills you need to land the kind of position you hope to fill. Mrs. Margaret Hockensmith,Director is available to help you with a full range of career services. Call on her for help with:
- Choosing a Career Path – Take the FOCUS Inventory to identify your areas of greatest interest and ability.
- Writing a résumé – Learn to present your experience, education and attributes to best advantage, so you stand out from other applicants.
- Writing a cover letter – Make a great first impression with a dynamic letter that gains attention and helps you land an interview.
- Searching for a job – Learn how and where to look for a position in your field of interest.
- Researching job postings – Look over job openings that are posted in the Career Center office.
- Planning an internship – Get help opening doors and researching internship possibilities that will provide the valuable work experience employers want.
You are welcome to stop by the Career Center office, located in the Center for Student Support Services (next to the Admissions Office in Lower Bertrand) any Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Or, call us at extension 1273 to make an appointment. We’re here to help you in every way we can.
FOCUS CAREER INVENTORY: https://www.focuscareer2.com/portal/login.cfm?SID=769